Located on both sides of Crenshaw Boulevard where the Exposition and Crenshaw/LAX Metro's rail lines will meet, this transit-oriented, mixed-use project aims to enliven the intersection of Crenshaw and Exposition Boulevards.
We envisioned Crenshaw Crossing specifically for this neighborhood, at this exact moment in the history of the Crenshaw Corridor. After an extensive community outreach process as part of Metro’s Joint Development Program, Metro and and the County of Los Angeles held an open call for proposals for this site and our team was selected to help realize the joint vision for this unique project site.
After outreach to the community, what we repeatedly heard was the importance of providing residences in a range of affordability options, rent space to retail businesses offering a variety of food choices, and that community members have meaningful job opportunities at the site. We are proud to say that this feedback has influenced the program and design of the Crenshaw Crossing project.
Crenshaw Crossing will include:
- 401 residential units, 81 of which will be set aside as affordable housing at a range of affordability levels (Note: The development team is in the process of applying for subsidy that would allow all 401 units to be deed restricted as affordable for a range of income levels)
- Approximately 40,000 sf of community-serving retail space, including a full-service grocery store
- Approximately 2,500 sf Community Space available for use by neighborhood organizations
- Approximately 34,000 sf of inviting Open Space for community residents to sit and relax
- Bike storage and lockers and bike-sharing system
- Access to the Metro Crenshaw/LAX Line from the eastern site
- Local Hire opportunities for South Los Angeles residents
3630 Crenshaw Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90016